A fair bit has happened since my last post. I bought the red Civic up to road worthy standard which entailed the following:
- Replacing the bonnet, as the old one had fatigue cracks
- Repairing a hole near the join in the muffler to the exhaust pipe
- Removing and replacing the master cylinder which was leaking
- Replacing the steering wheel, which had deteriorated and broken away from the metal ring. It wasn’t worth repairing as the rubber was falling apart. Whilst I could re glue it to the metal ring it wouldn’t take long to come completely apart
- Fixing an oil leak. I had actually fixed this prior to taking it for the roadworthy, but as I hadn’t been able to fully clean all the oily muck off, they thought it was still leaking.
I didn’t have to spend very much getting it to standard thankfully, given I was taking the D15B7 out and putting my rebuilt motor in.
I spent yesterday and today removing the old motor and installing the B16A. Just have to reconnect everything, run wires for the vtec solenoid and oil pressure switch. I also need to move the accelerator cable and fuel rail from the old Civic to the new.
The next part is installing the intercooler, piping and turbo. This part is all new to me, the goal being to get it to a running state that will allow me to take it to a tuner. Fingers crossed all goes well.